Main Campus: In front of Crescent Water Park, Indore (Ahead Devguradiya Temple)
Gyankriti School has developed a fresh perspective on education to enhance the value and quality of education. Here present the education philosophy of the school to show how we are different from most of the schools in India.
- Mixed Group Learning: A mixed group usually represents reality better and thus prepares children better.
- Smaller Class Sizes: Individualized attention is probably one of the most important implications of a small class-size. The strengths and weaknesses of a child can be discovered by the educators here.
- Educators, not Teachers: The Ideal Educator is a professional, who is like a gardener who tends plants. The educator’s job is to educate the child and make her a better human being.
- Continuous Evaluation: This is a process to help evaluate the child’s development better by continuous day-to-day monitoring and feedback.
- Enjoyable learning experiences: Diverse activities, puzzles, field visits, worksheets, projects etc makes learning a much more enjoyable and enriching process.
- Learning beyond classrooms: learning becomes much more effective and relevant through hands-on experiences, dramatizing concepts learnt, applying the learning’s in real life experiences.
- All-round development: The activities designed not only effect the intellectual formation of the student but also influence the student physically, spiritually and psychologically. This will help the student develop into a balanced personality capable of becoming a productive, effective and sensitive member of the community.
- Parent-School partnership: Parents are an integral part of the school community. The school learns through their wisdom and experience by maintaining close ties with them, having regular ‘Home visits’, and by interactions where the parents spend time with students talking about any issue of interest to them and the students. The school also educates parents by conducting special workshops and programmes.
- School-Part of larger community: The school itself is a part of the community. It draws upon the resources of the community and plays a contributory role. Children can go on projects to clean streets or a public place, read to blind, spend time at old-age homes, etc.
- ‘My Time’ (Proposed): The students after reaching a certain age need time to do reflective thinking in order to bring about an effective change. Students get enough time to reflect on their day to day activities through my time period.
- Subject Rooms (Proposed): The rooms are created in such a way that an ambience for the subject is created. Students move from class to class, NOT the teachers!
ADMISSION PROCEDURE (Pre-Nursery to Grade 5th)
In line with its philosophy that each child is unique and has her own inborn gifts and talents, Gyankriti believe that it is neither fair nor possible to “test” very young children. Accordingly, admissions to the Pre-School and Junior School are done on first-come-first-serve basis.
A detailed note on admission procedure can be obtained from the school office. Kindly call/whatsapp 7225988273 to schedule a visit to the school. Please visit the school after taking appointing for your own convenience. The admission process with estimated time is detailed below. It can be completed in 2-3 visits to the school’s city office (Annapurna or Nipania).
- Go through the school’s website for basic details: www.gyankriti.com
- Either mother or father of the child can visit the school after taking appointment to know about Gyankriti. (15-30 minutes)
- General interaction with the parents (both mother and father) and the child. (15 minutes)
- Start Registration Process and documentation (Complete at home in a week’s time)
- Submit the form, documents e.t.c.
- Complete the pre-requisite IT training to become a part of Gyankriti. (30 minutes)
- School principal will issue the admission letter with joining date.
Referral Benefits: We want like minded people to join Gyankriti, that is why we prefer families connected to the Gyankriti Parivaar. If any one joins Gyankriti due to recommendation of an existing parent then in that case both the students, that is the new admission as well as the parent who referred the admission will get fee waiver of Rs. 2000/- each.