Poem and Story Recitation Day (Preschool Event)
Following students participated in the poem and story recitation day. All the participants will get a certificate of appreciation at the Yearly Award Ceremony (25th February 2018). List of participants:
- Nursery: Ariketh Goyal, Kavya Mishra, Maksharth Gokhale, Aarna Singh, Heral Patidar, Jivishka Gurbani
- Junior KG: Krisha Jain, Mansi Rangari, Bhavya Nahar, Lakshya Gupta, Aarav Bansal, Shankhesh Chhajed, Aradhy Gupta, Abhyudaya Shukla, Atin Nema, Aayansh Vyas
- Senior KG: Nayesha Gangwani, Aarav Sharma, Rudra Joshi
Thank you all the parents and students for participation we appreciate your efforts!
Learning Basics of Coding – Junior School
Grade 1 students were exposed to computer coding with the help of a game. The students were supposed to act like a robot which follows does a particular task whenever some command is typed in the system. The lesson plan and photographs of the activity are given here for details:
- Understanding how robotic instructions are given
- Ask children to use instructions for routine works like – go ten steps in forward direction, take a left turn, e.t.c
- Make syntax for each instruction
- Moving forward A steps – walk(A)
- Left turn – turn(L)
- Right turn – turn(R)
- Moving backward B steps – walkback(B)
- Work in teams of two to write an algorithm to make a square of 5 steps size
- Teacher will make turtle outputs for each of the answer
- Correct answer should look like
- Discuss if any other algorithm is possible.
- Using FOR loop
- Give some situations where similar types of instructions are repeated.
- This repeats the code 5 times.
Ask students to make new code for making a 5 step square using FOR loop
Write code for making shapes in groups of 3/4 students :